« Back to all Things to Do
- Do a covered bridge tour - there are 31 covered bridges in Lancaster County still in existence. The innkeeper's favorites are the Hunsicker Mill and Eshelman's Mill bridges.
- Play a game of miniature golf at Village Greens (www.villagegreens.com) April through October - 717-687-6933
- Take a hike in the Lancaster County Park (www.co.lancaster.pa.us/parks)
- Take a one-mile secluded hike on the chipped path along the Millstream Creek, just 1/2 mile from us, and then stop by the Sugar Plums & Tea Room (www.sugarplumsandtea.com) for refreshments
- Visit Root's Country Market & Auction on a Tuesday for fresh-from-the-garden produce, to take in the sights and smells of the bakery displays, the auction, and to enjoy the crowd of locals and visitors alike for an old-fashioned fun day.
- Do a self guided tour of the back roads of Lancaster County on a bicycle (www.lancasterbikeclub.org/scenictours.php)
- Take a hot air balloon ride floating over Lancaster County's picturesque Amish farmlands. (www.ushotairballoon.com)
- Go horseback riding (www.carriagevacation.com)
- Go birding at the Susquehanna River, Muddy Run Reservoir, or the Middle Creek Wildlife Management (www.lancaster.pa.us/parks)
- Lancaster city is home to many fine artists and galleries. The first Friday of every month, downtown is alive and pulsating with energy. Over 60 shops and galleries extend their hours till 9:00 PM. It is an upbeat experience and can be toured by foot since the galleries are concentrated in one area.
- If you like auctions, many household estate sales occur on Saturdays. Check our local newspapers for listings. Or you can attend the Farmersville auction every Tuesday year round at 130 N. Farmersville, Rd., Ephrata, PA 17522 - 717-354-5095
- Borrow a CD or cassette from Flowers & Thyme B&B (www.flowersandthyme.com) to take a self-guided tour of Lancaster County.
- Take a drive on Rt. 501 North to the town of Lititz to the Wilbur Chocolate Factory (www.wilburbuds.com) for your chocolate buds. You'll smell the aroma before you get there!! And if you like chocolate, you might want to go to the Hershey Chocolate World for a tour. (www.hersheychocolateworld.com)
- Take a ride on the Strasburg Railroad and steam train, America's oldest short-line railroad. (www.strasburgrailroad.com) The train also has a dining car for advance dinner reservations. Call 717-687-6486. Also, be sure to visit the Railroad Museum across the street from the train station.
- Stop for some homemade root beer at the Fisher farm - 3217 Old Philadelphia Pike, Ronks, PA 17572
- Go to the Leola Produce auction - observe the many cultures of the PA Dutch.
- Watch pretzels being made and packaged at the Martin's Pretzel factory, owned and operated by the Old Order Mennonite people at 1229 Diamond Street, Akron. 717-859-1272
More Things to Do: To See Amish Attractions Events/Activities Shopping Dining