End of summer: It may be back to school for most kids now. It may mean summer vacations are over. However, it does not mean that there isn’t anything to do now! Fall is a great season to enjoy varied activities here in Lancaster County. Not only is the weather gorgeous, the Fall foliage is beautiful and there are so many local things to do and enjoy!
Here are a few possible ideas to consider:
- It’s FAIR season in Lancaster County! Whether you enjoy the agricultural fairs or the parades and fairs with carnival rides, they started this week in Elizabethtown. In September the community fairs of Denver, West Lampeter, Solanco, New Holland, Ephrata and Manheim will occur. Fun times for the whole family.
- Covered Bridges: Fall is a great season to explore and tour the over 25 covered bridges in Lancaster.
- Theatres are offering some great shows this season – Jonah at Sight & Sound, Pippin the Musical at Dutch Apple, Vegas Legends at American Music Theatre, Little Shop of Horrors, The Musical at Fulton Opera House.
- Enjoy the great outdoors on the many walking and bike trails. Beautiful scenery with many options available for the leisure stroll or the die-hard runner or biker.
- Antique shops and Flea Markets – Lancaster County is home to many artisan and antique shops specializing in country antique and primitive furniture, clocks & watches, vintage finds, tinware, stoneware, textiles, glassware and so much more.
So even though this soon will be the end of Summer, don’t fret – Fall will arrive soon and you can still enjoy all that Lancaster County has to offer.